Week of the Young Child
April 6- 12, 2014
This week at BDN, we will be one of thousands of early education centers celebrating WOTYC. The Schedule of Events at Brockton Day Nursery are as follows:
- April 7- BDN Kickoff Celebration: Art Show & Raffle
- April 8- BDN Crazy Hat Day & Raffle
- April 9- BDN Wacky Tacky Wednesday & Raffle
- April 10- BDN Classroom Carnival & Raffle
- April 11- BDN Decorate your own Cupcake & Raffle
In the spirit of "Week of the Young Child," below are play dough recipes for you to try at home with your little ones!
· 1/2 cup of salt
· 1 cup of water
· 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
· 1 cup of flour
· 1 tablespoon of oil
· Food coloring
· Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a pan.
· Mix the water with the food coloring.
· Add the water/color-mix to the other ingredients, stir well.
· Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, while constantly stirring.
· When the mixture becomes “doughy”, remove from heat and start kneading. (the dough will be hot, so mind your hands)
· When desired texture is achieved, the playdough is finished, enjoy!